A loan is financial aid that requires repayment. All applicants for loans are required to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Loan eligibility cannot be determined until the information from the FAFSA is received by Stark State College from the federal processor and has been reviewed by our office.
Resources for Student Loan Borrowers
- U.S. Department of Education Federal Direct Loans
- U.S. Department of Education Loan Default Information
- National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS): Review your federal student loan history
- Federal Student Loan Servicers: Contact information for all Federal Loan Servicers
- Sample Repayment Chart
Interest-free one-time student loan administered by the Stark State College Foundation
- Charles E. Schell Foundation, Fifth Third Bank, Trustee Interest-Free Loan Program – Student(s) must be between the ages of 18 and 25, must have United States citizenship, a resident of the following states, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia or any contiguous state, minimum 2.0 GPA, and must sign a promissory note for repayment. Application for the interest-free student loan can be made by meeting with a Gateway Specialist in M102. This is a one-time only loan not to exceed $1,000. Student(s) must file a FAFSA and file a loan application through financial aid to be considered for this Foundation loan.