Fall 2018 Session: Sept. 25 – Nov. 14
Student Leadership Academy is designed to help you develop valuable skills your future employers are looking for: communication, motivation, goal setting and presentation skills. If you’re looking to build your resume, meet new people and show that you have more than just a good grade point average, then Student Leadership Academy is for you. No previous leadership experience is necessary.
Two leadership academy tracks now available: Print session descriptions and locations for your records.
- Personal Leadership Track (PDF) – Information coming soon
- Career Development Track (PDF) – Information coming soon
How It Works
- Personal Leadership sessions are offered on Wednesdays
- Career Development sessions are offered on Tuesdays
- Sessions in both tracks are offered at Kent State University at Stark and Stark State College
- You can choose to attend sessions in one specific track, or you can choose sessions from both tracks to meet your own personal needs
- Stark State students are permitted to attend sessions at Kent State, and vice versa
- Sessions are 50 minutes long unless otherwise indicated
What you Gain:
- Free – no cost to participants
- Both Specialized and General Certificate earners will enjoy a celebratory lunch with the College President
- Attend 4 of 8 sessions in a specific track to receive a specialized certificate (per semester)
- Attend 8 of 16 sessions in both tracks to receive a general certificate (over Fall & Spring semesters)
Student Leadership Academy will be held at both Kent State University at Stark and Stark State College. Pay careful attention to your session locations. Got Questions? View Student Leadership Academy FAQs
If you have questions about Student Leadership Academy, contact Shari Brooks, Coordinator of Student Life, at 330-494-6170, Ext. 4237 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Etiquette Luncheon – Reservations Required
Did you know there are “rules” when it comes to professional dining? Most people do not know proper dining etiquette, so Student Leadership Academy has created an event for you to learn the “do’s” and “don’ts” in this professional setting. Learning important skills can help you when you’re on a job interview or an important business lunch. Join us for an afternoon of eating and educating at the Kent State Stark Conference Center. Business casual dress expected.
SLA Celebratory Luncheon – Invitation Only
This luncheon is designed to celebrate those who have successfully completed the Student Leadership Academy program. Listen to leadership from both Stark State College and Kent State University at Stark speak and celebrate your accomplishment. Program certificates will also be distributed. This event is invitation only upon completion of the Student Leadership Academy program.