Program goal 1 and outcome measures*:
The Stark State College Dietetic Technician Program (DTP) will prepare the student to practice as an Entry Level Dietetic Technician
- Over a five-year period, the pass rate for program graduates taking the registration examination for the first time will be at least 70%
- Over a five-year period of time, 70% of the graduates who seek employment will be employed in dietetic-related positions within twelve months of completing the program.
- Over a five-year period of time, 70% of students who do not seek full time employment in the dietetics area will apply to a local college to begin a four-degree in Dietetics.
- 70% of the students admitted to the program will complete the program within three years of beginning the program. (The student is considered to enter the program in the freshman/first semester. The student is expected to graduate within the planned timeframe of two years or five semesters. If the student needs additional time, 150% of the time would be 8 semesters)
- 70% of the graduates with entry level practice skills will be rated by their employer as average or above on an Employer Satisfaction Survey.
Program goal 2 and outcome measures*:
Dietary Program staff will prepare interesting and challenging materials for the curriculum that will enhance learning and promote the need for the student to seek advanced education in the area of dietetics.
- At least 90% of the dietary program instructors use a variety of teaching methods to address the curriculum requirements.
- At least 90% of the program preceptors will rate the students as “excellent” or “good” in the performance standards on the supervised practice evaluations.
Program goal 3 and outcome measures*:
All competencies and curriculum components are taught successfully and students achieve proficiency in the competencies.
- At least 70% of students will achieve a grade of “C” or better in all dietary coursework.
- At least 70% of student will successfully transfer the classroom materials to the competencies performed in the Directed Practice, as indicated by an excellent or satisfactory by their preceptor.
*Program outcomes data are available upon request.