- Please call the massage therapy clinic at 330-494-6170 ext. 4725 to make an appointment. We are currently only accepting phone calls for appointments on Mondays from noon – 2 p.m. Please don’t come to campus to make an appointment, we aren’t accepting walk-ins.
- At this time, we aren’t accepting appointments for anyone under 18 years of age. Please don’t bring any children to campus during your massage appointment.
- We are limiting the number of available appointments so there is adequate time in between patients to sanitize the clinic.
- When you arrive, please park in the massage therapy clinic parking in front of the Health Sciences (J) building.
- ALL massage patients will be required to wear a mask.
- Please enter the main J1 door to be to have your temperature screened by the Clinic supervisor.
- If you’re a new patient, you’ll be asked to complete an intake form and COVID-19 questionnaire. If not a new patient, you’ll be asked to complete the COVID-19 questionnaire each session.
- After payment and prior to your massage, you’ll be required to wash your hands.
- Your student will direct you to your massage table where you can prepare to receive your massage. Please leave your mask on while supine (face up), you can remove your mask when prone (face down) and will put it back on after the massage.
- At this time, we won’t be utilizing table warmers, if you’re chilled, your massage student can offer you another sheet to place on top of you.
- After the massage, please wash your hands prior to leaving the massage clinic.
- We ask that no loitering before or after massage to ensure safe social distancing and to give the clinic time to sanitize and prepare for the next incoming patient. Please exit thru the clinic door to the parking area.
- We appreciate your business and look forward to your next appointment. Thank you!
General clinic policies
- Massage sessions are available by appointment only.
- Payment is due at the time of the massage appointment. Payment must be in cash or check. Credit cards are not accepted.
- Cost of massage clinic is $20.00 for the public, $10.00 for SSC Staff and students. Massage sessions are typically 50 minutes in length.
- Gift certificates are available for purchase for same amounts as above.
- Appointments are reserved for the time slot chosen. Patients arriving late for their appointments will receive the remainder of their time. Patients who are late by more than 15 minutes must reschedule their massage.
- Inappropriate or disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. Suggestive comments, sexual innuendos, touching of a massage student in an inappropriate way, will result in the termination of the massage session, Stark State Security will be contacted, and the patient will not be allowed to return for further massages.
- Clinic policy forbids the Clinic Supervisor or student from giving out a massage student’s phone number or contact information to any patient. Likewise, social media contact is not permitted between students and patients.
- Patients are not permitted to request a particular massage student; however, gender preferences will be respected at the discretion of the Clinic Supervisor.
- Please arrive at the massage clinic approximately 15 minutes prior to you first session in order to fill out a brief medical form. Patients may wish to download the intake form, fill it out, and bring it with them to their initial appointment.
- Patients are expected to exhibit good hygiene and are asked to minimize the use of perfume, cologne, and heavily scented personal products.
- The use of cell phones or pagers is not allowed during the massage session, please silence or turn off cell phones prior to massage.
- This clinic follows the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of the American Massage Therapy Association. (www.amtamassage.org).
- Since Stark State massage students are not licensed, tipping is not required.
- Since there is only a curtain separating each massage area, we ask that you keep talking to a minimum.
- A minor (under 18) can receive a massage with written parental permission and parental attendance in the massage clinic during the course of the massage session.
- While last minute cancellations do occur, excessive cancellations or no-shows will not be tolerated. If a patient no-shows or last minute cancels for three successive appointments, they will not be welcomed back by the massage clinic.
Your massage therapy records are kept in the strictest confidence by this clinic. All patient records are kept in a secure place, and only those who need to see a patient’s file for legitimate business or professional purposes have access to them. Your records will not be released to third parties, including health care providers and insurance companies, without your written consent. Records may be surrendered if required by law.