At Stark State College, the student email accounts are hosted by Google™. This allows you to access your email from any Web-enabled computer without special software. Upon your acceptance to the College, an email account is created for you. Your email is used as an official means of communication.
You must log on and activate your student email account.
You may log on to the mystarkstate portal and click on the email icon or you may click on the link Access Your Email Account listed below or go to
Log on using your username and default password. See the Getting Started link under Help Desk Services for account information.
For more information on how to activate your account, log on to mystarkstate, click on the Help Desk page, scroll to the help desk documents section and click on the Student Accounts folder to view the Email (Gmail) folder.
For more information on using Gmail and Google Services for students, log on to mystarkstate, click on the Help Desk page, scroll to the help desk documents section and click on the Student Accounts folder to view the Email (Gmail) folder.
Email account restrictions
Students are expected to follow the College’s student computer usage guidelines which may be found in the student handbook, the College’s Responsible Use of Computing Resources policy, and all applicable state and federal laws. Specific email account restrictions include:
- Gmail limits the amount of storage space allocated to each student’s Gmail account mailbox to 7 gigabytes
- Gmail limits the size of the email message & attachments to 25 megabytes total
- The College may filter incoming email messages and some messages may not be delivered
- Certain types of attachments are blocked and will not be delivered
- The College is not responsible for messages that you send or that are sent to you that do not reach their destination.
Additional student email account restrictions may be found at www.gmail.com. Please note that Gmail may update the restrictions at any time, and for the latest information visit http://mail.google.com/support/.
For problems, please contact Help Desk Services at (330) 494-6170, ext. 4357 (HELP). For additional Help Desk Services information, please logon to mystarkstate and click on the Help Desk tab.