At Stark State College, the student email accounts are hosted by Google™. This allows you to access your email from any Web-enabled computer without special software. You have a suite of google applications created along with your email account.
Once you are accepted to the College, an email account is created for you. Your email account is used as an official means of communication with the College.
Along with your acceptance letter, you receive the Getting Started- Student Network Accounts and IT Information brochure. This gives you the default format used for your account credentials (username and password). The brochure also lists the different accounts and briefly explains each and what it is used for.
The default formats for your username and password are below:
Your username for your email account is the first initial of your first name, your last name, your two-digit birth month and two-digit birth day followed by @starkstate.net
Your default password is your first, middle, last initials, period, and the first six digits of your social security number.
NOTE: if you did not provide a middle name or initial, use an “x” for your middle initial.
You may use any Gmail sign-in page with your complete email address (email@example.com) or go to: http://mail.google.com/hosted/starkstate.net.
For more information, go to the Help Desk Services Center: https://helpdesk.starkstate.edu
Sign in using your firstname.lastname@example.org and your default password.
Click on the Student Help category and view the Student Accounts section.
Email account restrictions
Students are expected to follow the College’s student computer usage guidelines which may be found in the student handbook, the College’s Responsible Use of Computing Resources policy, and all applicable state and federal laws. Specific email account restrictions include:
- Every G Suite account gets 30 GB of total storage to use with Gmail, Google Drive, and Google+ Photos.
- Every account gets 15 GB of free space, which is shared across your Gmail, Google Drive, and Google+ Photos.
- Gmail users can receive files of up to 50MB in size.
- Attaching a file directly in Gmail is limited to 25MB.
- File larger than 25MG may be stored on Google Drive and include a link in the email.
- The College may filter incoming email messages and some messages may not be delivered.
- Certain types of attachments are blocked and will not be delivered.
- The College is not responsible for messages you send or are sent to you that do not reach their destination.
Please note that Gmail may update the restrictions at any time, and for the latest information visit http://mail.google.com/support/.
For problems, the Help Desk Services Center is available 24/7: helpdesk.starkstate.edu or contact Help Desk Services at (330) 494-6170 ext. 4357 (HELP) during open hours or you may email the Help Desk and a ticket is automatically created for you.