- Report annually to the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) on progress on all quality initiatives.
- Communicate to HLC changes in our President, Provost, and HLC Liaison.
- Communicate to HLC problems in meeting HLC obligations, questions about our institution, or its commitment to accreditation.
- Respond to communications from HLC.
- Submit the Assurance Review.
- Oversee all phases of the accreditation process at Stark State College.
- Articulate the purpose of the accreditation process, the criteria for accreditation, and federal compliance to various Stark State College committee members and teams.
- Provide leadership to the College and to promote College and community interest and participation in the accreditation process.
- Ensure that all steps of the accreditation process are completed according to the established plan and timetable.
- Ensure that the Stark State College accreditation webpages are maintained and updated.
- Work with Executive Council in arranging our Comprehensive Evaluation.
For more information about HLC or the Open Pathway at Stark State College, contact:
Lada Gibson-Shreve, Ph.D.
Provost and Chief Academic Officer (Accreditation Liaison Officer)
Stark State College
6200 Frank Avenue NW
North Canton, OH 44720-7299
330-966-5457 ext. 4266