Estimated costs for nine months of full-time education at Stark State (based on 2016-17 average expenses)
- Tuition and Fees $3,756
- Books and Supplies $1,100
- Transportation $1,488
- Personal Expenses $1,192
- Living Costs $1,664 – $5,252
PAYMENT OF FEES WITH FINANCIAL AID
The method for payment of fees varies with each type of aid program. Your award notification lists your financial aid eligibility by semesters at full time status. The amount of aid typically available to you each semester is the amount listed. Your aid will be pro-rated for enrollments less than full-time (12 credit hours). Financial aid is first applied to the student’s tuition account. Any excess funds can be disbursed to the student in a refund.
- financial aid funds will be applied to your account after your attendance is verified in all classes.
- you will receive your financial aid refund after the term has begun.
DISTRIBUTION OF REFUNDS:
- Summer semester: third week of classes
- Fall and spring semesters: fourth week of classes
- Arrival of your refund depends on the refund preference you selected when you activated your Stark State Plus Card. Visit bankmobilevibe.com if you wish to change your refund preference or to view account activity.
- Be sure to review your address for accuracy and make any necessary adjustments via mystarkstate.
Federal Work-Study Program funds are distributed via direct deposit by payroll every two weeks for hours actually worked. Paper paychecks are an option for FWS students, visit the Payroll Office in S301 for additional information on selecting the paper paycheck option.
FINANCIAL AID ISSUES IN CASES OF WITHDRAWAL OR NON-ATTENDANCE
Please understand that you MUST maintain attendance in your scheduled classes to remain eligible for your financial aid funds. Students who fail to maintain attendance in classes, withdraw, or are dismissed before 60% of the term has passed will have all or a portion of their federal aid eligibility rescinded. This will likely result in monies needing to be repaid to Stark State College and/or the U.S. Department of Education.
The Financial Aid Office works closely with the Bursar’s Office (located in the Business Office – 3rd floor of Student Services Center) to coordinate student billing and balances due. Refunds and disbursements are handled by the Bursar’s Office based on the student’s enrollment.
REVISIONS AND CANCELLATIONS
The college reserves the right to review, revise or cancel financial award at any time due to:
- Changes in your financial, residential or academic status
- Your failure to comply with the policies, procedures or laws pertaining to these programs
- The availability of federal, state and institutional funds for each program
- Changes in college policy. The college is not obligated to satisfy the total financial need of a student.
STARK STATE COLLEGE STUDENT INSTALLMENT PLAN
The plan is printed on the “Student Schedule/Receipt” each semester. This program offers students the option of paying their tuition in installments. A fee of $25 is assessed; however, no interest is charged. Brochures with further details are available at the Admissions Office.