This scholarship is sponsored by the Greater Cleveland Automobile Dealers’ Association. The mission of the scholarship is to encourage individuals to complete associate degrees and training in automotive technology at Stark State College and pursue rewarding careers with Northeast Ohio Automobile Dealers. Scholarship awards shall be provided to the student by crediting the student’s account for tuition, books, fees, and lab supplies. Scholarship awards may also be used for transportation and child care expenses.
To be eligible, a student must:
- Be incoming freshman or current freshman or sophomore students who are working in a new car dealership in Northeast Ohio.
- Have a grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better in technical courses and 2.5 or better in general courses.
- Have their employer complete the recommendation portion of this application. Note: This portion should be completed by the service manager, service director, general manager, or owner/dealer principal.
- High school automotive students must obtain a recommendation from their automotive teacher or automotive department chair.
- Current Stark State College automotive students must have a recommendation from their current automotive instructor.
Application deadline is June 1.