- Inform students of courses available during their scheduling conference or at student/parent meetings.
- Distribute and collect all College Credit Plus admission materials.
- Assure that each student does either COMPASS or ACT test.
- Check that each student has met the requirements for enrollment in selected courses.
- Send all materials to the Stark State College-College Credit Plus coordinator.
- Compare Stark State College rosters to high school class lists to be sure all students are in the right classes.
- Notify the Stark State College-College Credit Plus coordinator of any changes.
- Any of your high school students wanting to take a Stark State College – College Credit Plus course, must apply online at: https://www.starkstate.edu/admissions
- Please remind your students that they need to be correct in all information on the application including: social security number, birthdate, citizenship status, and high school information.
- Official transcript with SSID number (Statewide Student Identifier)
- ACT or COMPASS Test scores
- Computer Test scores on scantron (if that is the pre-requisite for a certain course)
- Class registration form signed by the student, the parent and the high school counselor
- An incomplete application – possibly missing the social security number
- Test scores below those required for the selected course
- A missed deadline for enrollment
If a student changes their mind, they must meet with their guidance counselor for withdrawal deadlines and necessary paperwork.
The student must meet with their academic advisor to withdraw from a class.
Yes, please check with the Stark State College-College Credit Plus coordinator.
Since the student will not be paying tuition, the student does not need to do anything. The form is sent to all college students by the federal government.
- If the student did not finalize his/her schedule with the cashier. This must be done so our Business Office knows who is paying the bill.
- The bill has not been credited to the proper account before the Bursar sent out the bills.
- The student is a male who recently turned 18 and must turn in his Selective Service number to the Registration Office. To apply, go to: www.sss.gov