What is my role in the college credit plus process?
- Inform students of courses available during their scheduling conference or at student/parent meetings.
- Distribute and collect all College Credit Plus admission materials.
- Assure that each student does either ACCUPLACER or ACT test.
- Check that each student has met the requirements for enrollment in selected courses.
- Send all materials to the Stark State College-College Credit Plus coordinator.
- Compare Stark State College rosters to high school class lists to be sure all students are in the right classes.
- Notify the Stark State College-College Credit Plus coordinator of any changes.
How does a student apply?
- Any of your high school students wanting to take a Stark State College – College Credit Plus course, must apply online at: https://www.starkstate.edu/admissions
- Please remind your students that they need to be correct in all information on the application including: social security number, birthdate, citizenship status, and high school information.
After my students apply, what forms or items are needed for the program?
- Official transcript with SSID number (Statewide Student Identifier)
- ACT or COMPASS Test scores
- Computer Test scores on scantron (if that is the pre-requisite for a certain course)
- Class registration form signed by the student, the parent and the high school counselor
Why might a student not be accepted?
- An incomplete application – possibly missing the social security number
- Test scores below those required for the selected course
- A missed deadline for enrollment
What if a student changes his or her mind?
If a student changes their mind, they must meet with their guidance counselor for withdrawal deadlines and necessary paperwork.
How does a student withdraw from a college credit plus class?
The student must meet with their academic advisor to withdraw from a class.
Can withdrawal or failure affect that student getting financial aid in the future?
Yes, it may.
Is there a limit to how many college courses a student may take?
Yes, please check with the Stark State College-College Credit Plus coordinator.
What does a student need to do if he or she receives an IRS1098T (pay tax on tuition ) form?
Since the student will not be paying tuition, the student does not need to do anything. The form is sent to all college students by the federal government.
Why would our student receive a bill and what should we do if they receive one from Stark State?
- If the student did not finalize his/her schedule with the cashier. This must be done so our Business Office knows who is paying the bill.
- The bill has not been credited to the proper account before the Bursar sent out the bills.
- The student is a male who recently turned 18 and must turn in his Selective Service number to the Registration Office. To apply, go to: www.sss.gov