- Taught by college faculty.
- May attend class at the main campus or any satellite location.
- If necessary, the student may take evening, weekend, or online classes.
- Must attend an informational meeting. Date to be determined
- Should contact their high school counselor for a complete list of your high school’s course offerings and more information.
Steps for Student Admission
Students Taking Classes at College Campus Summer/Fall 2017
- Speak with your high school counselor to discuss which College Credit Plus option and course selection would be best for you.
- Complete the Stark State College application.
- The high school counselor will submit your high school transcript (transcript must include your statewide student identification number), ACT or ACCUPLACER scores, and course selections to Stark State College. If you have not completed ACT or ACCUPLACER, move on to step four.
- Non-public and homeschool students must bring documentation verifying amount of credits awarded.
- Complete the ACT or ACCUPLACER test for college readiness. (check with your counselor for ACCUPLACER test procedure).
- ACCUPLACER measures your skill level in three basic areas – Math, English, and Reading.
- All Stark State College students must take the ACCUPLACER or ACT.
- If step three is complete, you are ready to register for classes. Students must meet with Sarah Fiddler to schedule summer courses at the college by May 15, 2017 and May 1, 2017 for fall courses at the College.
Note: Students must meet the course pre-requisites; check the Stark State College website or check with your counselor.