- Classes will follow the high school start date.
- Taught by college faculty with support from their high school.
- Use the college textbook, syllabus, and course materials.
- Will follow Stark State College course objectives and learning outcomes.
- Earn the same credit they would have earned at college if they successfully complete the course.
- Should contact their high school counselor for a complete list of your high school’s course offerings and more information.
Steps for Student Admission
Students Taking Classes at High School Fall 2017
- Speak with your high school counselor to discuss which College Credit Plus option and course selection would be best for you.
- Complete the Stark State College application by May 1, 2017 at: www.starkstate.edu/admissions.
- The high school counselor will submit your high school transcript (transcript must include your statewide student identification number), ACT or ACCUPLACER scores, and course selections to Stark State College. If you have not completed ACT or ACCUPLACER, move on to step four.
- Complete the ACT or ACCUPLACER test for college readiness. (check with your guidance counselor for ACCUPLACER test procedure).
- ACCUPLACER measures your skill level in three basic areas – Math, English, and Reading.
- All Stark State College students must take the ACCUPLACER or ACT.
- If Step three is complete, you are ready to select courses with your counselor. Your counselor will send us your selected courses by June 1, 2017.
Note: Students must meet the course pre-requisites; check the Stark State College website or check with your counselor.