“I could not hope to achieve my goals and realize my dreams without those donors who open their hearts with their generous support.”
Those words were recently spoken by a student, the first in her family to attend college. She is among the many deserving students who are changing their lives and building their futures through the opportunities provided by Stark State College – and donors like you.
Each year, Stark State College serves close to 15,000 students, providing affordable, high quality education that leads to rewarding careers or university transfer. With nearly 90% of Stark State graduates living and working in the region, we are committed to initiatives that strengthen this community:
- Prioritizing workforce development with expanded programs and facilities – from culinary arts on our main campus, to leading-edge oil and gas training at our new Downtown Canton Satellite.
- Providing high school students with the opportunity to earn transferable college credits, without college debt, through our dual enrollment program.
- Making education accessible, with satellite centers throughout the region.
Please support the Stark State Annual Fund.
There is no more lasting or meaningful gift than the gift of education.
Frequently Asked Questions…
Why should I give?
Your gift to the Stark State Annual Fund is important every year. All gifts, regardless of size, allow Stark State College to become the best institution it can be…and a leader in accessible higher education. Gifts to the Stark State Fund
- provide scholarships for deserving students, making college accessible and increasing opportunities for completion success
- help students to develop a skill set for gainful employment or prepare for seamless transition to a 4-year college
- support dual enrollment, allowing high school students to gain college credit without incurring debt
- address underfunded needs and gives us the ability to respond quickly to new challenges and opportunities that will advance the College
- are an excellent way to make a tax-deductible contribution to the College’s mission and future.
Where does the money go?
Over the past 17 years, the Stark State College Foundation has given over $2 million in scholarship funds to more than 7,000 students. During the Fall 2013/Spring 2014 academic year, the Foundation funded over $400,000 for student scholarships, college projects, programs and instructional needs.
What is an endowed scholarship?
An endowed scholarship is a permanent charitable scholarship fund that is invested with a long term strategy in order to provide income into perpetuity without invading the principal. A tax-deductible donation of $5,000, payable over five years, will establish an endowed scholarship in your name or a loved one’s name.
What is a matching gift?
Many companies will match an employee’s or their spouse’s charitable donation. This is a great way to double your donation. Check with your employer to determine if they have such a program.
Your gifts are vital to ensuring that those who want to learn have the opportunity to do so. For more information on planned giving and other giving opportunities please call the Advancement Office, 330-494-6170 ext. 4643.