Prepare for an in-demand manufacturing career
June 17-Aug. 13 // Mon. – Thurs. // 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
No classes the week of July 1
Classes held at Kenmore-Garfield High School in Akron
- hands-on training in a manufacturing lab setting
- opportunity to earn two industry-recognized credentials, including NIMS
- full-time, paid internship (eight 40-hour weeks, at least $13 per hour) after coursework
- high school diploma or GED/HSE
- skills validation via WorkKeys assessment level 4 in applied math, graphic literacy, workplace documents
- pass a drug screen and background check
- tuition assistance and scholarships available for those with financial need
- training and materials included
- nine college credit hours via Stark State College (machine tools; CNC programming; blueprint reading; measurement, materials and processes)
FastTrack is an acceleration of the National Association of Manufacturers endorsed manufacturing skills certification system.
Full-time employment not guaranteed on completion of internship