Online virtual advising is available to new-first time and transfer students who reside more than 35 miles away from any of the Stark State locations in Akron, Alliance, Barberton, Downtown Canton, or North Canton. During online virtual advising all the same information will be covered as an in-person appointment. Follow-up phone appointments with an admissions counselor, or email options will be available for students who have additional questions after completion of the online/virtual advising appointment.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
As a result of participating in online virtual advisement students can expect to:
- Understand their assessment scores or transfer credits
- Understand the specific curriculum guide in their chosen program of study
- Understand how to complete their courses for the degree requirements on specific curriculum guides
- Identify pre-requisites and co-requisites associated with appropriate course selection
- Understand the registration process through the student portal system
- Identify resources that support student success
Online Virtual Advising Schedule
If you are interested in scheduling an online virtual advising appointment, please contact Jacqueline Hostetler at 330-494-6170, ext. 4849 or firstname.lastname@example.org.